Monday, June 3, 2013

Chicken Salad

Chicken salad reminds me of summer time and it reminds me of girl parties.  Two things I love!  Chicken salad is one of the easiest most versatile recipes.  You basically can't screw it up.  I'll give you the gist of what I put in mine - but go nuts - add and take away what suits your taste buds.
 
Cooked chicken breast - cubed or shredded (You can use canned, rotisserie, I like to
throw my chicken in a crock pot the night before with a few herbs and then shred it the next day.)
Once I shred the chicken I add enough mayo/ miracle whip to make it moist (less is more - you can add more but can't take it away)
I add chopped pecans and red grape halves, as well as chopped celery - these are all pretty standard ingredients, but I also like to add a few spoon fulls of crushed pineapple, that one is not so standard.  i think it adds to the moisture, gives it a little bit of sweetness and is slightly unexpected.
Add spices to taste - salt, pepper, rosemary, etc.
 
This will keep in the fridge for a few days - serve it on sliced rolls or just on bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails